Friday, September 12, 2008

Yummalicious bread, flour messes, and Mr. Skellington

Lots happened today!! Which is nuts because Friday's are the days Josh is gone to work his obligatory one night a week out at Walmart DC.

I decided I wanted to make a few loaves of bread today so I could build up a little freezer stash. C was going to be gone all weekend, so I begged her Kitchen Aid off of her (I REALLLLLLY want one by the way ;) ). I had a Kitchen Aid bread recipe I wanted to try - it came to me with good reviews. And then I found a yummmmmmmmy looking braided bread recipe. I love bread. Really. I do. Like badly. The Zopf recipe looked really dense and yummy. And the Kitchen Aid one looked simply perfect. So yes, I tried both . . . and I have multiple loaves of bread in my house with plans of making more tomorrow. Yummmmmmy. Here are some pictures of the bread. Since I was freezing it, I didn't want to cut it open . . . so the pictures are kinda weirdish. And lame. Forgive me. Below them, there are far better pictures lol.

Photobucket
<span class=
<span class=

Every time I go to take pictures of food to blog about, Jacob wants me to take a picture of him pretending to eat said item. It TOTALLY makes me laugh dude. Seriously :D

<span class=

Being in and out of the kitchen all day meant I was leaving stuff lying around . . . like plastic mixing bowls of flour. Yes. Gabe found a bowl. And he was having so much fun, I couldn't bring myself to take it all away until he had eaten so much flour he was thirsty and started shouting "boob!!" Yes, he does really shout that. It makes me laugh. And makes me happy. Hmmmm, yes, that may sound odd. But I'm grateful he's still a nursing baby *love*.

<span class=

Naked pictures of Gabe's grafts ;) We go back Monday for another appointment. He's doing well - but the donor sites are pretty tough. Scar tissued to the max. We'll see what they say. But all the normal things they do on adults are too abrasive on his skin (silicone, etc). And the pressure garments aren't doing enough. But he's walking. That's the most important ;)



I grabbed some hilarious pictures of the children this evening right after jammies were on. Jacob was cackling the ENTIRE time I was picture taking. Gotta love it!!! The one where Emily looks weird . . . she was giving Jacob a kiss, I just snapped a moment too soon and a moment too late :( But I love that they all love each other. Makes me so happy :D

<span class=

<span class=

And lastly? Probably the absolute best news of the day?! My good friend Suzanne sent me the most amazing present in the mail today. All of you must know by now my obsession with the Nightmare Before Christmas. If you don't, well then you don't read my blog enough LOL. No really. It's a family favorite. Well, to my ABSOLUTE surprise, I received this AWESOME wristlet in the mail today *love* Truly. One of the sweetest things ever. So again, Suzanne, THANK YOU!

<span class=

So a very full day!!! Should be an empty weekend, but glad today was exciting!! Tell me your weekend plans. Actually, even better? Tell me who your fav character in Nightmare Before Christmas is . . . and if you haven't seen it, for the LOVE, go watch it!!!!! Love you all!

2 comments:

The Andra Family said...

Your bread looks delicious and I will try the recipes. E is going up north to see his dad and a BYU game, so I will be w/ the kids again. Sounds like someone else I know.

singinggoldielocks said...

LOVE fresh bread. Remember my lame SMALL kitchen aid? It didn't really do bread without nearly overheating. Well, we saved all our points from our credit card to get a $350 gift certificate and bought me a bigger kitchen aid. It is the best! So if you can.......gotta love the idea that you can get something free just by spending money!!!!!!