Sunday, September 28, 2008

Super fun weekend!!!

Our good friends Nathan and Lindsey came up to visit for the weekend. Originally, they had planned on coming over for dinner Friday evening and heading on their merry way . . . but we had such a great time that they JUST left 2 hours ago :) It was a BLAST!!! They have 2 boys (Sam is almost 2 and baby Ben is only 3 months old) and couple them with our three . . . they had a TON of fun!!! A few bite marks, hitting episodes, and several time outs later . . . I'm happy to say my kids had a GREAT time :)

We went to Willow Zoo/Park yesterday - and it's the only adventure I got pictures of. Not the best pictures by ANY stretch of the imagination . . . but pictures nevertheless ;)

Lindsey and I cooked several yummy meals . . . and it was AWESOME to have clean up and cooking help!! I finally was able to watch Step Up 2 and then like moms always do, we stayed up talking about our pregnancies and labors for several hours :)

Amazingly, everyone was able to fit in our house. And it wasn't ridiculously uncomfortable either. That was a MAJOR relief.

And tomorrow, my adventure is bottling/canning for the first time in my life. We have full pear and apple trees in our backyard and I don't want it all to go to waste. I was gifted pint and quart bottles, so by golly, I'm gonna figure it out!! Wish me luck - or rather, Val . . . come help me!!!! I'll be sure to take pictures of the process.

One last thing . . . last night Lindsey made a realllllllly yummy apple dip. 1 container cream cheese+1 big bottle of marshmallow fluff . . . mix together and then dip apples in. She used strawberry cream cheese, but said that regular wasn't much different and that she liked both equally. SO stinkin' yummmmmmmy! I'm gonna grab some stuff next time marshmallow fluff goes on sale (if I can wait lol) and mix some up . . . maybe even grab some super simple dip pictures :D

Hope you guys had a great weekend - I feel rejuvenated even though I'm dead tired. More tomorrow ;)

3 comments:

The Andra Family said...

So that would explain why you've suddenly fallen off the face of the earth, in my world, over the weekend. I am so happy you had such an enjoyable time. So they nixed the hotel plans huh? Sounds like jolly times.

Valeri Crockett said...

I would be calling you right this minute if it weren't after 10pm! So, I wouldn't recommend canning alone the first time. I'm totally willing to come up and help you, even bring my stuff (do you have a steamer, Victorio (to do applesauce), and big pressure cooker pots, apple core/skin peeler. . . etc?) If not, I do. I asked for all my canning essentials for my wedding gifts:) I would love to come and make it a easier/more fun for you! Pears are the easiest (the biggest thing is doing it when the pears are at their perfect point. . .not hard, not too soft, and not brown), applesauce is a little more work but worth it. Pie apples are great to have for easy apple crisp. If your apples are ready now then they are "early apples" which mean tart and sour. . . perfect for doing pie apples. Anyways, without further a due call me tomorrow 801-938-5506. I can either help you get started or figure out a time to come up. Love ya,
Val

Denise said...

How funny -- I got on to comment about how pears are the worst, and I see someone already commented that they're the easiest! I haven't ventured into canning yet, but I plan to one day. However, all I ever hear people complain about is doing pears.

Good luck! Wish I were closer to help and learn myself.