Monday, September 29, 2008

Bottling pears!!

Just to get this out of the way . . . yes, I heart the Picasa collage feature ;)

I bottled 15 bottles of pears today!!!!! Go me, go me, go me!!! Truth be told, there are still several bottles, processing, but I had to get pictures up so I can go to bed soon :) I have never ever bottled/canned/whatever it's called before. Ever. But thank goodness for Val - she walked me through it step by step over the phone and gave me much needed confidence. She IS coming up Wednesday to help me with the apples we have . . . could I have better friends?!

It took Josh and I a good 2 hours to peel and core all the pears, but it's so worth it!!! Ruth gifted me a crap load of bottles and we had all the fruit here. Have I mentioned I feel especially thrifty today? Josh helped me do everything . . . with a smile on his face. Nothing short of a miracle for him to help throughout the ENTIRE process. I don't mean that badly . . . not really. Just mostly that he doesn't usually keep his attention on stuff for that long lol. But I know he's incredibly relieved that he was let off the hook for the apples lol.

Other than bottling today, we had a relatively busy day . . . fruit picking, Brigham City driving, Gaylyn and Claire visiting, Walmart shopping for some cool freebies, outside playing, and exhausted mom. I doubt any of this blog will make sense . . . I'm exhausted beyond belief.

Hope you all had a great Monday - and if you've never bottled before, you can do it!!!!!!!! It was actually fun . . . and so relieving to be adding to our food storage. It really IS a great feeling!

Okay, really, I'm done. I know I'm going to read this entry in the morning and die of embarrassment. Forgive me. Love you all. Night!

3 comments:

Valeri Crockett said...

So I'm up in the night with baby kicking, I'm hungry, and I just can't sleep. . . for kicks I thought "I wonder if she posted her pear success". I got on here and it made me laugh...of course you did. They look beautiful and yummy. Good job, I'm super proud of you!

The Andra Family said...

Way to go! They look dee-lish. I will call you tomorrow, well it's actually today now, and thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow ... look at that!! We've always called it canning, so it's funny to hear it referred to as bottling.