Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I hope Helen doesn't kill me for this . . .

But I wanted to share a picture of her from her wedding as a congratulations!! She looks absolutely stunning in this picture. Like a queen. Truly!! I am so disappointed I didn't end up making it down to So Cal for her wedding :( Between finding somewhere to take my kids, the price of gas (although thank goodness it is starting to go down a teeny bit), and figuring out Josh missing work, it just didn't happen :( Thankfully I've gotten to see a few pictures other friends of hers took at her wedding. I hope her and Jon have a wonderful forever together!!!

Just wanted to share some weekly deals with ya :) Our Smith's is having a big case lot sale for the next two weeks. There are lots of "deals" on cases this week that are NOT deals at all ;) But I got 12 pounds of shredded (they do have block available, but block cheese does not freeze as well) cheese for $29.98 (plus 3 more pounds for $6), black beans for $.44/can, tomato sauce for $.17/can, and a few other things. Make sure whenever you are participating in a case lot sale that you look for expiration dates and that you are sure you will be able to use everything up in that amount of time. With case lot sales, I have found it prudent to only buy things you use a lot of. Because you are buying in such LARGE quantities, if it's not something you use a lot of in a decent amount of time, you could be wasting your money (just think about everything you've heard in regards to spending lots of money at Costco lol). Definitely a great way to build your food storage though!!

My littlest sister, Amira, is 18 now. Oy. I cannot believe it. I'm old - or at least getting there. I've stolen a picture from her Facebook page (I'm guessing she won't mind). This was taken in May-ish I'm assuming. It's a prom picture. And I just think she's absolutely beautiful in it!

Okay, I'm done stealing peoples pictures from Facebook *blush*. Thanks for reading today - hope everyone has a stellar Thursday!

6 comments:

Christine said...

It's so fun to see wedding pictures, no matter whose they are. Your sister is SUPER cute too! Thanks for stealing people's facebook pics!

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Andra Family said...

Beautiful friends of a beautiful person. So great to talk to you both times today.

Brown Family said...

I can see the resemblance between you and your sister. And agreed that any wedding pics are fun! :)

Anonymous said...

holy hotness! i can't believe that is little amira!! crazy.

Ghan Family said...

I KNOW Gina!!! Geez!!! And thanks Denise :) I think she's beautiful, so I'll take any resemblance I can get!!