
Of the American Teenager is a very fun show. It is a thought provoking show. It's bad acting. It's an ABC Family show. It's maybe even bad writing lol. Some scenes are highly suggestive, etc, but it's made me start to think about how I am going to talk to Jacob and Emily and Gabe and our future children about sex. I got a book tossed to me as a pre-teen; it was called "The What's Happening to your Body Book for Girls" *roll eyes*. Yup, I learned about what sex was from illustrations in a paperback book. Sigh. Such an awkward conversation to have for sure, but we see more and more how important it is to talk about it.
You know what chafes me about it all though? We are told to "talk about it" to our kids, but no one says how to lol!! Anyone else notice that? I'd love to have a script ;)
Josh is gone all weekend, so other than absolute chaos, nothing exciting is happening at all. Hopefully the kids and I can spend the better part of the day at the park tomorrow ;) I will grab my camera and snag some pictures hopefully!!
PS. Did you know you can send texts to a landline?!?! Thanks for that eye opener Cole - it was incredibly weird!!!
Friday, September 5, 2008
Secret Life
Posted by Ghan Family at 10:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Yeah, well complete accident! Your home phone is listed first in my cell, so I automatically send to it without thinking. Did you get the car?
Yes!!! I got the car - thank goodness!!
you got a car? and, when i have it ready, i have a great way for you to explain talk to your kids about their bodies and sex. ask me next time we talk on the phone. :)
I agree about the show - it's absolutely the worst acting I've ever seen, but I can't stop watching it, lol.
I think we'll have the talk with Emma like this, "Don't have sex until you're 30. And married. Love you!"
*snicker*
We're still figuring out how to do the sex talk, and we have a 14-year-old! :) As for modesty and pornography, though, there is an awesome book out called "The Trap." I was very grateful, because I don't know how to discuss porn with my 7-year-old boy, and it must be discussed even at this early age. Ugh! I wish we didn't have to!!!
I agree Keli lol. I'll have to check out that book Denise! It's so true - it really is important to discuss these issues at such a young age :(
Post a Comment