Thursday, September 25, 2008

I need this today



And for Nikki . . .

Crock Pot Mac and Cheese

In a saucepan:
-1/4 cup flour
-1 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
-2 Tbsp minced onion
-1/2 tsp paprika

Pour in 3 cups milk and whisk until smooth. Heat and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
Add 2 cups cheese (small cubes or shredded). Let melt while stirring. I thought I'd like sharp, but I find mild or medium is best in this meal.
Add 2 cups uncooked macaroni (or similarly small/same thickness pasta).
Stir until well mixed and pour into a greased slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low 2-2 1/2 hours or on high for 1 hour.

I usually add a little Lawry's, but that's just because I like lots of spice lol. It's a yummy and super easy recipe!!

4 comments:

Valeri Crockett said...

Thanks for sharing the song, it just makes me want to go out and give everyone in this world a hug! Especially you:) *HUG*

The Andra Family said...

I didn't cry the first time I heard/watched it, but I did this time thinking of you. Take care of yourself.

Ghan Family said...

Thanks ladies!!!! It really is a beautiful song!

Josh and Nikki said...

thanks for the recipe. i liked the song. i don't get on youtube very often, but while i was there i looked up something i'd seen a while ago that gives me the chills everytime i watch it. i thought i'd let you know what it is. you have to have a certain appreciation for dance as it should be.... hope you like it. :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQv36kr9StM