Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Woes relating to stank

So seriously, my washer REEEEEEEEKS!!! It's just oldish standing water smell. This only started this summer - I assume it's related to me doing laundry when our house got up to 90 degrees *shrug* I have tried absolutely EVERYTHING I can find on google to do. Below is a list of what I've tried:

  • bleach soaks
  • baking soda soaks
  • vinegar soaks
  • baking soda/vinegar (2 cycles)
  • more bleach
  • simple green
  • washing soda
  • Dawn
  • plain hot water
If I've tried all of that, is there any hope for me? Only thing I haven't tried is a vodka soak (and that will not be tried lol) - yes, that was a real suggestion I found out there on the WWW ;) I will say that the washer smells better for a day or 2 after I do any of those things, but not good for longer than that.

Do any of you have any suggestions?!?! Please, I HATE it!!! My clothes/diapers don't stink, but while the washer is wet, I can definitely smell it :( It's a little depressing to say the least. So short of buying a new washer (not that I'd mind, but it's definitely not in the budget lol)?

HELP ME :D

1 comments:

singinggoldielocks said...

THis may sound gross but is there a dead mouse or something in it somewhere? Between the frame and spinner maybe?