
Either that, or I should know better than to shower while my children are awake. I stockpiled ten boxes of crayons because of the school supplies sale. I stored them all away (away from heat, light, sun, and most importantly CHILDREN!!!!!). They are stored away from children because they have a good 200 crayons and markers in rotation already. No deprivation here ;) I should know better. Emily knows how to sniff out things that would drive me batty. She found the crayons. While I was showering mind you. But really, if I don't shower during Gabe's nap time, it doesn't happen until late at night and I just cannot handle being sweaty (from my morning walk) all day long. Especially not when my house gets to 89 degrees on a daily basis.
As I'm typing, I'm realizing things could have been sooooo much worse. She could have colored on the wallpaper (but would give me an excuse to rip the hideous crap out), or cut her hair, again, or something else equally drastic. But instead, she dumped 10 24 count boxes of Crayola crayons on my rocking chair (that my children have completely destroyed *cry*). Has anyone ever held scarlet and orange red up next to each other? Without looking at the name of the color, could you tell a stinkin' difference?! Or what about orange and yellow orange? Or blue, cerulean, and indigo? UGH!!!!
Needless to say, this whole adventure took a dang long time. Jacob even said it was a "waste of time". O boy. Let's just say I've banned her from the storage room, yet again.
O, and FYI, Emily is now potty learned. Yay for all of us here in the Ghan household. This means I am only washing diapers every other day!! Really. I'm celebrating in the street ;) And even cooler? Emily actually had panties on when all this happened . . . as in, I cannot keep this child dressed for the life of me. She loves her clothes. And she likes dressing herself. She just doesn't like the clothes on herself and she treats her outfits as dress up ;)
Have a great day!! *and yes, I edited this post . . . this is normal for me lol*
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
So really, 24 colors in one box of crayons is too many
Posted by Ghan Family at 3:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What did you edit? Do you almost wonder what she gets into that you don't know about?
I just added in the bit about Emily PL'ing :) And yes, I hope I never find a pile of Emily'ness somewhere lol.
Post a Comment