Even if I haven't . . . I sure have missed blogging!!! It's turned into such a fun thing for me to do!!! The trip was a much bigger success than I anticipated, but in the same breath, far too depressing and overwhelming. Let's just say, my new inlaws are super cool, but I learned far too much about certain things . . . and I'm glad we live far away. It has been a weekend that has tested my judgmental side to the extreme. The kids were wonderful - and they had a really great time getting to know a bunch of other kids.
Oy. I've got to stop otherwise I'll end up typing more than I should!! I will say I hope this is the real deal for every.one involved. In more ways than one. Le sigh.
The wedding went well . . . as is typical of certain Bishops, etc . . . we heard Dr. Seuss' "Horton Hears a Who" during the wedding ceremony (the HHAW part isn't typical, but quoting rather, um, different sources is ;) ). It was a quick wedding, a pretty purple and white wedding reception, and a very jam packed weekend!!! I didn't get near as many pictures as I was planning, but I will admit I didn't know the weekend was going to be so busy!!!
I do have a LOT of pictures though!!! I'll try to put descriptions under each one . . .

We boarded our flight at 6.30'ish am Friday morning - after waking the kids up at 3.30 am. Emily and Jacob were awesome . . . Gabe was a little stressed because he was fevering 103.5 (and did until his fever finally broke this morning!!!) We boarded our plane and then had to de board because the radio on the first plane was broken. Delayed us 45 minutes I believe.

Baby Emma and her dad . . . we stayed with them while in Enumclaw (suburb of Seattle/Tacoma). His wife is Carol's daughter (Carol is my new stepmother-in-law) and she is so sweet :) We enjoyed staying with them!! The second picture is of the kids throwing balls in Carol's backyard. I realllllllly loved how green Washington is!!! I forgot how beautiful living on the coast was!

Jacob and Emily playing with their new step cousin Cameron. He started off as the "bad guy" (as in if Jacob was looking for him, he asked where the "bad guy" was). Moniker because he was quite rough with Jacob the first day lol. But when they had to say goodbye to him last night, both Emily and Jacob were crying. Hard. And telling Cameron they loved him. My kids need family around. Or Nicole's kids. Or Lindsey's. Or, any of you whom I consider family, kwim?

My sick, sick Gabe. You can tell in the first picture :( Second picture he was just hanging out on the deck. Having lots of fun!!! You can kinda see his legs in that picture. Looking good, dontcha think?

Cheri and Josh . . . this is Josh's sister. Well, not really, but yes . . . such a long story. But anyways, Josh and Cheri in the first, and then our family and theirs (she has another daughter, but that too is another story for another time).

This is Carol :) She seemed a really happy bride. Their colors were purple and white and that cake looked realllllly good :D
Hope you all enjoyed the pictures. I just wish I could have gotten more!!

1 comments:
Thanks for the pics. I am happy to have you back. Glad it went so well.
Post a Comment