Friday, August 15, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

I couldn't resist. C's husband blogged about his guilty pleasures and I just find it tortuously amazing to blog about our weakness. Makes me sound a little sick, yes? Well, here goes!!!

1. Political debate. I know better. I shouldn't discuss politics . . . especially because I am a SAHM that just doesn't get out as much as I used to. But, I just can't help it. It brings me more guiltily induced happiness than almost anything else. I do feel bad for C because she has to listen to me a lot *blush*.

2. Showers twice (or three or four) times a day. Heavenly!!! I know that I am a water waster, but forgive me. I grew up with twice daily showers. I really feel gross if I don't take two - and lately, I haven't been taking two. No time with my three devils!!

3. Baking. Yes, I've blogged about it before and I'll blog about it again. I love to bake. But my thighs/butt/etc hate me when I do. It's true. Every.single.time I bake, I feel like I should just give it all away. But, you know what? I just can't. And won't.

4. Staying up too late. Nothing is better than a 3 AM grocery run . . . the store is quiet, my house is quiet, even Josh is sleeping. I get to shop in absolute peace. But I hate my life in the morning. I guess that's the thing about guilty pleasures . . . they ROCK in the moment, but in retrospect, they are often bad ideas.

5. Going from 0-30 in first gear. Gosh, the rev of the engine is just a fun noise (I think it's the engine lol)!!!! But seriously, I think it's bad for the car.

6. Eating a whole loaf of Great Harvest bread. Oh my stinkin' yum. I love it. Yup, seriously love it. Potato Dill bread anyone? I'm sick for days from my carb overload. Again, one of those so great in the moment . . . in the middle of a bite.

7. Cans of Diet Coke (even better? Fountain Diet Coke). I won't even go there.

8. Jarred baby food. I know homemade baby food is so much better/cheaper/etc for Gabe. But really, I just cannot argue with the convenience of a jar. We do the organic stuff . . . cuz that really makes a huge difference right? *rolls eyes at myself*

9. My online forums - you know, the ones about cloth diapering and breastfeeding. I've turned into such a hippie . . . I love them both. But I should just love them both and love them without the need of a community also loving them. And what do breastfeeding and cloth diapering mothers talk about you ask? Um, yup, you guessed it!!! Our nursing toddlers, our toddlers darling diapers, their gorgeous wool, and the adventures of nursing our children in public. Is that all you ask? Nope, we talk about any and everything. How would I make it through my days without my forum ladies?! *wears a shirt that says "Forum Junkie"*!!

10. Musicals. Rent, Wicked, and Phantom being among my top three. Maybe the reason it feels like such a guilty pleasure is the fact that I picked some uber popular ones lol. Didn't feel like standing out here. Sigh. Maybe the guilty pleasure part is the fact that Jacob knows the words to the songs "Popular" and "Seasons of Love" and always wants to listen to the "Pirate" CD (Phantom). Or maybe I just love that my (almost!!) four year old loves my kind of music :D

So really, I could keep going. For sure. Maybe that's an indication that I have little self restraint? Hmmmmm, there's some food for thought!! Well, thanks for the idea Blake. Hope ya don't mind I stole it!!

I'd love to read about your guilty pleasures!!! Validate me :D And heck, have a great Friday night!

1 comments:

The Andra Family said...

Since I am not feeling as vulnerable as you, I will list a *few* of mine here.
- Watching pageants. Live or on TV, I enjoy watching these; even judging them when I have the opportunity.
- Country music from the early to mid 90's. I was dating a guy then who listened to country, and they made some great songs back then. I'm not crazy about current country music.
- HOT, HOT baths. I would much rather bathe then shower any day. Why guilty?, because of all the water I use and gas to heat it.
- Games. Board games, Dice games, Card games, I love to play em' all. Some people like to just chill when they visit, I like to bring out the games and could play until wee hours of the morning.
- Eating out. Even as a SAHM, I have no problem taking the kids with me for lunch to eat out if I'm in the mood. I will easily drive to St. George to get what I want.
- Kettle Corn. Love this and will buy bag after bag. (Which I will often go through in one day.)
- Diet Coke, with a smidge of Root Beer mixed w/ it. Don't ask.

Here you go. These were the first that came to mind.