Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Jacob's dirt garden

So our backyard has an area to garden . . . but we moved in too late this year to start a garden. But Jacob is seriously obsessed with gardening. Every day he wants to dig/water/etc his self coined "dirt garden". It's seriously darling. This weekend we are going to plant some peas and lettuce (apparently things we can plant for a winter harvest?) because he is just so fascinated with gardening!! Last night, Josh and Jacob cleared one of the 4x4 plots. They soaked the dirt and got filthy in the process. I love how much Josh loves playing with the kids in the dirt/etc. So not my calling in this life lol. Below are some pictures!!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Started institute tonight with C - I remembered *again* why I love going SO MUCH!!! Awesome teacher, awesome class, just awesome!!

DMB was canceled until further notices (for anyone who didn't know, C and I were going to a show tomorrow night). I assume it's due to LeRoi's early death. RIP LeRoi . . . and I really home Dave gets back on the tour circuit quickly for purely selfish reasons. Anyways, we're bummed!

Hope everyone had a happy, busy, and fulfilling Tuesday!!!!

3 comments:

The Andra Family said...

Jacob is a cute kid. I think that's great you're helping him pursue this interest. Gabe is darling, and I love the pic of him looking at Emily. She too, is precious.

Ghan Family said...

I love that last one too :D Thanks!! And you are the queen (and my ultimate example) of helping your kids explore their interests!!

Brown Family said...

Looks like Gabe is feeling much better! Learn all the gardening tricks and then send them my way! We're working this year on just keeping a lawn alive ... not going so well after being used to Seattle's rain ...