Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hot Sunday'ness

So while I'm bummed summer is ending (mostly because that means we will be housebound in our 1 bedroom basement apartment lol), I will NOT miss it being 91 degrees in my stinkin' living room. Yes. That was the temperature in our living room last night. I realllllly need to get rid of the atomic clock. Somehow knowing the temperature makes it so much more hot.

But I do have some outdoor pictures of my kids!! I was messing around with my camera settings (I'm sick of shooting in full auto all the time lol - any camera experts have suggestions?), so the lighting is a little different. But I love these pictures of my kids :D


These pictures were taken at our local Willow Park :) Ah, the times of "big kid" swings :)

6 comments:

The Andra Family said...

You took some cute photos. Do you not have AC in your apartment or do you choose not to run it? Either way, I feel for ya. I can deal with heat during the day, but not while I sleep.

Ghan Family said...

No AC ;) And I'm the same . . . as long as it's cool when I sleep it's okay. Thank goodness C gave us a standing fan that realllllly helps at night.

And thanks for commenting on the photos. I think Emily and Jacob's turned out alright. Gabe's . . . not so much. It's kinda washed out lol. And I tried calling you :D

Melissa said...

I think your photos look GREAT! Way to go! There are some links I have on my blog for photography. Just look on the right side of my blog and you'll see them. When I take a pic that is cute, but needs a bit help I use photoshop! You're doing great!@

Sherry said...

The photos are great! I am so lazy most days...or in too big of a hurry to catch a shot to bother with doing it manually.

I understand what you mean about the heat. We have no aircon, so it can be a bit miserable for a few weeks a year here. You wouldn't know it now though...a few day ago it was in the 90s and two days later, the 50's. At least it is nice for sleeping!

Ghan Family said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm trying :) And I will definitely check out your links Melissa!! Thanks!!

And Sherry, it is freezing today - cold, rainy, uuuuugly outside. What are the chances, right? LoL.

Nutty Nielsen's said...

I think your pictures are great it reminds me of another blog I love to look at. It's oakstreamphotography.com check it out. I think you two have the same great taste.