You know, of course I'm biased, but I really do think it turned out well!! Come to think of it, wouldn't I be a bigger critic of myself? I don't know, but I sure had fun!!
We started out at our house and C was kind enough to drive us (Jacob and his 2 friends that came plus S and Emily) to the fire department - we really do need to get a van one of these days . . . ANYWAYS. We got to the fire department and our guide was Sarah. We watched a short *morbid* video (Donald Duck cameoed) - it was morbid enough that Jacob had a little stress before bed! After the video, the kids got to go into the firetruck bay. We learned about engines (they hold lots of water), ladder trucks (lots of ladders lol), brush trucks (the wildfire trucks), and Sarah geared up, Darth Vadar mask and all. It was super cool. Kids got to climb in the truck, try on the jackets, and meet a "real" firefighter (that was asked several times - I think the kids were definitely looking for red suits, etc lol). I would recommend a party similar to this to anyone!
After the fire department, we came back to our house, ate cone cupcakes that Josh lovingly baked for this party, and opened up presents. The kids really did seem to enjoy themselves!! And you know what? I enjoyed myself!!! Christine has these pictures on her camera - I gave up trying to take pictures AND run the party. Anyone who knows me knows I have limits to my multi tasking ;)
A big big thank you to Christine! She helped me out a TON - I've been so blessed to find a friend in her :D
Enjoy the pictures below . . .
Saturday, August 16, 2008
And the birthday party was a success!!
Posted by Ghan Family at 11:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













2 comments:
Just by looking at the pictures, it seems like it was fun and successful. Even so, I'm so glad when they're actually over.
I thought the party was SUPER fun and a SUPER success! Thanks for letting me participate and help. I thought that video was pretty morbid as well, and thought the kids might have issues too. Oh well, no permanent damage done, right? haha.
Post a Comment