Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Jacob's birthday party plans

Tell me what ya think!! We are going to go to the North Logan fire department for a tour. The kids apparently will be getting hats, get a tour, climb on the trucks, talk to some firemen, and just generally have a good time. We will come back to our house (or a park, I haven't yet decided) for some cake. Jacob is excited!!! As am I - this will be fun, low key, and quite inexpensive :D I made invitations online at a free invitation maker and we will be delivering them tomorrow!

Josh starts running the Cache County fair tomorrow. He'll be gone from 8 am until 11:30 pm every single day (through Saturday). Can we say looooooong days? My poor husband. He needs a break!!! After scout camp and drill . . . and now this week!! Thank goodness I married a trooper!!!!

Kristen asked about abbreviations and if I bought the Sunday paper. The ways I get my coupons are the following (in this order)

  • several Sunday papers (grab the largest circulation paper you have in your paper to ensure the most amount of coupons. Here that is the Salt Lake Tribune)
  • Online printables. Visit some of your favorite brands websites - most have a section of promotions that has coupons.
  • eBay. If there are coupons that rock (for us, that would be something like $1/1 GoGurt or $2/1 Quaker granola bars, etc), I will get on eBay and pay someone for their time cutting coupons and get 20 of those coupons so I can stock up. Make sense?
  • Random sources like the All You magazine I blogged about or coupons inside of products I have bought
And about abbreviations . . . The ones she asked about I will list. I plan on making a list on the right side of abbreviations I use often.
  • q's = coupons
  • w/e = whatever
  • SS = Smart Source (one of the coupon inserts in the Sunday paper)
  • RP = Red Plum (the other coupon insert in the Sunday paper that is consistent)
Hope that helps!! I STILL need to blog about Gabe . . . hugs everyone :) Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

The Andra Family said...

I'll bet Jacob is soooo excited! What's Josh doing at the fair, and how did he get roped into that?

Ghan Family said...

He is excited!! And I'm excited for him!!!!

Josh is running a Chim Chiminey booth there. They're preparing for a huge winter, so the most exposure possible I guess lol. At least he's getting overtime ;)

Melissa said...

The fire station is a GREAT idea! I can't wait to see pics! Have fun!