So Josh is seriously seriously a carnivore. If a meal doesn't have meat in it, he considers it a snack. No, seriously. It kills me!!! While we definitely ate meat growing up, we also ate a lot of "vegetarian" dishes. Making meat 7 nights a week is gross, unhealthy, and stinkin' expensive! And honestly, I get sick of the meat dishes he wants to eat lol.
But, I have resigned myself to the fact I married a carnivore. And carnivores live on meat . . . and it is what it is. SO I've been trying to find more and more recipes that change things up a bit. And tonight, I made the Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich.
It was a hit. Josh devoured 2 (!!!!) of them. It was quite tasty, and while very meaty, it was different!! Different flavors than normal. I was planning on getting a picture, but again, everyone was very hungry and I was trying to keep Gabe happy. The thought of pictures kinda went out the window *blush*.
So while it is definitely not a healthy meat dinner *double blush*, it was good. And different. And definitely worth trying - especially if you have a husband who really likes meat.
You know what's even better? My sandwiches looked just like Ree's :D I'm always happy when the food I make looks like what I was trying for in the first place lol. If you try it, let me know - and heck, while you check out that recipe, check out her entire blog/web page!! She's super duper cool!!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
A meal that pleased the carnivore!
Posted by Ghan Family at 6:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'll have to try this for Eric! Thanks for the tip.
We love these sandwiches too- they are the best and I also stalk the Pioneer Woman. She's like my best friend that I don't even know in real life- she makes me laugh every day!
Definitely try it - if nothing else, it's a new recipe, right Cole? And yea, thanks for talking last night. Have I told you lately that I love you?!
I totally know what you mean Callie!!! She's stinkin' HILARIOUS, takes absolutely AMAZING pictures, and is a dang good cook. I heart her blog.
Just wanted to say Hi. I finally got the internet to day, so I came to see how you are doing. By the way the cookies look so good I'm going to have to make some.
Post a Comment