Wednesday, October 29, 2008

This is going to be a looooong winter for us . . .

This is the fifteen hundreth time we've been sick - or so it seems!!! Emily woke up in the middle of the night last night (nothing new there lol), but was completely inconsolable. I could tell she wasn't feeling well, but she was so asleep that she was just crying and wouldn't tell me what was wrong. This morning, as soon sa she woke up . . . puke every.where. It's already happened several times this morning. Just cross your fingers that Gabe can avoid this - puking babies are the WORST. And Josh. Yea, his dramatics are also too much for me most of the time. Ha.

And guess where we're supposed to be going this afternoon? The park with C and S . . . I have had to cancel plans wayyyyy too many times with her from my kids being sick. I don't know what's going on as we don't go anywhere except for church and the grocery store *shrug*. Anyways, being a mean mom, I took a few pictures of my sick Emmers.

After I got some juice and crackers in her, she went from white to white pink. I just hope I can keep her from throwing up again . . . And yes, she has barely been able to keep her eyes open this morning :(

Thank you everyone for all the love and support I have been given over the past week. Your kindness is mind blowing. I appreciate you more than words could express.

PS. 6 days till you can rock your vote :D

6 comments:

Josh and Nikki said...

I'm sorry you have sick kids. It doesn't help that it can spread so quickly in a fam! I hope you all get feeling better soon especially when you're in for a cold winter...maybe you'll have to move to a warmer climate! :)

The Andra Family said...

I was going to celebrate because you posted and my heart can go on, but oh, to have puking kids is.the.worst. Feeling for both you and them right now.

Valeri Crockett said...

I am so sorry the kids are sick! Grrr. . . I hate that! I too have a bug and it isn't even the killer cold season when everyone is around everyone for the holidays passing stuff around. Get better soon! Love ya!

Christine said...

Those pictures of Emily make me feel so bad for her! I'm sorry your kids aren't feeling well. That's seriously the worst. Don't worry about having to cancel with me either. It's no biggie. I'm always around. I just hope the nice weather can stay around for a bit longer.

Brown Family said...

Sick kids are the pits! However, take heart in knowing that they get sick A LOT less as they get older. I've been very relieved at how much less often my boys get sick.

My favorite tool for my throwing up kids? The Heaving Helper. I'm serious. I laughed when my mom gave it to me, but it's a life-saver! It is like a garbage can w/a bag in it, but it collapses for easy storage. We keep it in the car but bring it in whenever we have a sick one we don't think can make it to the bathroom.

I wish you lived closer so I could at least make you dinner! :) Good luck and sorry you had to miss mommy day at the park. Sometimes that's enough to get us through another week, eh? :)

Brown Family said...

Sick kids are the pits! However, take heart in knowing that they get sick A LOT less as they get older. I've been very relieved at how much less often my boys get sick.

My favorite tool for my throwing up kids? The Heaving Helper. I'm serious. I laughed when my mom gave it to me, but it's a life-saver! It is like a garbage can w/a bag in it, but it collapses for easy storage. We keep it in the car but bring it in whenever we have a sick one we don't think can make it to the bathroom.

I wish you lived closer so I could at least make you dinner! :) Good luck and sorry you had to miss mommy day at the park. Sometimes that's enough to get us through another week, eh? :)