Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My totally awesome visiting teachers!!

So, I have these awesome visiting teachers that take me out to Cafe Rio every month for our get together. Once they found out it was my fav restaurant, it's been a tradition ever since. I seriously look forward to the first week of every month knowing we'll be going *blush*. If you haven't ever eaten at Cafe Rio, I truly feel bad for you. It's the best restaurant anywhere. And if anyone comes on here and says Costa Vida or Bajio is better . . . watch out, I just may black list you ;) Nah, don't worry Nik, you know I'll love you forever :D I managed to grab a picture yesterday of Jess and Connie and a few of the children. We had a great time - such a fun opportunity to reconnect with these wonderful ladies!!! I almost forgot!! They have volunteered to watch the kids so Josh and I can go to a movie on Saturday . . . I'm STOKED!! After last times adventures in babysitting, we won't be leaving our kids with any YW anytime in the near future lol. Any movie suggestions?
I grabbed some pictures of Gabe from this morning . . . he LOVED wearing the hat!! He kept putting it on and laughing and laughing and laughing. It was darling!!
I wanted to thank all of you who served as amazing encouragement in regards to Gabe and my mothering. How blessed I am to be in the company of amazing women. Thank you for being my friends.
And yes, I am thoroughly depressed to report this is Jacob's new bed. He hasn't made it through the night in his own bed for over a MONTH. It started off with nightmares, then turned into comfort because he was sick and now it's just habit (and he's still sick lol . . . or got sick again?). I don't know what to DO with myself . . . those 2 weeks of all night long uninterrupted sleep was gloriously perfect. Gabe is back up to nursing several times a night and Emily is back to her wailing multiple times a night . . . and well Jacob, y'all already know.

Lastly, I got photoshop and don't know what to do!!!! Any photoshop experts have any advice? I've tried just messing around, but I'm not doing very well (none of these photos are PS'ed). I want to love it and make beautiful B&W pictures, captioned photos, etc, but really just don't know where to start!!! Gina? Help? Lol - thank you :D

Have a great night!

6 comments:

The Andra Family said...

Oh, I should not have read this. Now I'm craving Cafe Rio. I am also jealous you got PS.
Yeah, so I had to get from St. George to Hurricane in 15min to pick up Colin from pre-school and totally spaced calling you back. I will call you soon.

Josh and Nikki said...

hahaha. cafe rio is my second choice! and as far as burritos go - cafe rio is the best, but my flauta salad at bajio...nothing can beat it. and as for costa vida....um, yuck. :)

Anonymous said...

So, this post totally reminded me of when J.D. and I moved into our first apartment and we both just didn't seem to sleep well. . .bad dreams. . uncomfortable. . . sleep apnea. . . it boggled me. I had the feeling that J.D. should dedicate our home (something my dad always did when we moved to a new place)to bring more peace, comfort, and good feeling's at night and during the day and to also keep scary, bad, and/or unrighteous thing's away. It worked miracles for us. You need sleep and those three little kids do too. . . it's a thought. Good luck! I'm glad your visiting teachers are going to watch your kids so you can go on a date. After hearing your babysitting story I wished I could watch your kids once a week for you!
Love ya, Val

Jessica said...

Oh man, Cafe Rio is seriously the best! I'm so sorry about Jacob and not sleeping...I totally understand...which actually probably isn't something we both want to relate too. ha ha. I'm so glad I get to visit you every month...well the official visit! Let me know when you want us to watch the kids (not sure if Connie is taking all?? was that was going on when we left??) if you still want me to watch them! I'm totally free Saturday.

Melissa said...

beautiful picture of the leaves/trees! I totally understand the bedtime issues. It makes it even harder when they're sharing a room and wake eachother up! Tyler's asleep on the couch right now! Good luck!
I am in LOVE with photoshop! Which version do you have? I've been thinking about starting a blog with info on how to use photoshop...maybe I'll do it now! Do you want to use it for photos or scrapbooking or what?

Anonymous said...

which version of PS did you get? e-mail me questions. I will help you. :)