Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A first!!

Jacob did a first today - it was SO SO exciting!!!! He drew me, Josh, and himself (and then a fourth while I was at Institute). Totally without prompting. 100% on his own! Seriously - I was and AM soooooo proud of him!! Thought I'd stick a picture up of his artwork.

And to brag that the first picture he drew unprompted was NOT of a dragon, but of me. How special is that? I feel so blessed to have a Jacob in my life.

What was the first thing your little one drew? Or hope they will draw?

8 comments:

Melissa said...

OH MY GOSH! Those are THE cutest pictures of your family:-) I love those proud-mom-moments! Way to go Jacob!
Tyler's first drawing was a rainbow. It was beautiful...lines in the shape of a rainbow, all the same color! It is so fun to see how proud they are of their art work!

The Andra Family said...

Oh, I love these! Hopefully he keeps em' coming, but don't be surprised if he doesn't. It seems like it's one way or the other; they either keep drawing them day after day or they don't do it again for a while.
I'll call you tomorrow.

the Rowleys said...

How awesome! Love the drawings :)

Jessica said...

Those are the best drawings! So cute!!! You've got to frame them : )

Christine said...

How exciting!! I can't wait for when Sam can draw things other than scribbles.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the cutest things I've seen in a really long time, Shah'ada.

Brown Family said...

Totally cute! Someone once told me to keep the first pics they draw of people. Unfortunately I keep way too many pics my boys draw -- they're just too cute to throw away! (Although scanning them in or taking pics makes it easier so I have them digitally and not taking up space in my cluttered stuff.)

Miller said...

I understand your excitement. Avery to is drawing and has been for some time, but she is now giving them eyes and bodies etc. It makes me so happy. So good for Jacob!!