Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Dad, the storyteller

I happened upon another friend's pictures and captions and saw something of the following:

**Big picture of Chinese legislative building**

Caption underneath?

"dad making up history - "that's the famous opera house" - it's a government hall."

I literally died laughing. Seriously. Totally reminds me of my Dad and his stories. I always thought it was an Arab male thing (my mom said so lol). I remember going on a walk or being downtown or something and seeing a lady in distress (or similarly funny situation . . . or whatever) and my Dad saying something along the lines of "I bet her dog just died from being run over by the Palo Alto train . . .". Obviously that example was made up, but catch my drift? I miss those stories!!!! He's GREAT at them!

I however am not so great. But I do it all the time. Definitely a habit I picked up. It drives Josh BONKERS!! But, it is surely entertaining ;)

He also is SO awesome at telling stories. He does voices, gets excited in all the right places, and has had an incredibly exciting life!! One of those things I wish I had listened more, better, and remembered it all.

Here are some AWESOME pictures of my dad . . . as he's gotten older, he seems to have gotten much goofier. Love it :)

Yes, these pictures were taken off Amira and Jamela's Facebooks *blush*. I don't have any of my own.

Dad is on far left. Then my Uncle Reddah, my Uncle Mohammed, and my Uncle Abdalazeez (in the back).

Below is a picture of my dad masquerading as Captain Jack Sparrow :) His favorite Disneyland ride has always been Pirates of the Caribbean. O how I miss thee California!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Your dad seems like he's got a fun personality. Those are awesome to have pictures of the family : )

The Andra Family said...

At first glance, I thought Uncle Reddah was your dad. They look a.lot a like. (At least in the picture. Is that you in the pirate picture in the black shirt from years back or your sis that looks just like you?

Ghan Family said...

Definitely my sister :) She's so beautiful that I don't mind her being compared to me all the time. Maybe in my skinny days we really did look identical. For my best friend to ask if it's me or her . . . I'm impressed!!! FTR, I really do see the resemblance in that picture.

And I KNOW!!! Reddah and my dad are twins! It's crazy!! They speak alike and laugh at the same.exact.things. The two of them together are hilariously awesome!!! Wait, just to clarify, they really AREN'T twins biologically lol.