Monday, October 13, 2008

Snow in October!?!?!

And you thought I'd be all snazzy with a pic . . . nope!

It snowed Saturday, Sunday, and was snowy when we woke up. It's not too cold yet to where it's accumulating, but it is DEFINITELY an early winter. Every time I talk about it, Josh just says "Global warming" and thinks I'm nuts that I'm amazed it's SNOWING IN OCTOBER! Seriously. Snow. Sigh.

We went to Brigham City for a farewell yesterday (in our old ward - it was SOOOO good to see everyone!) and it was a stinkin' blizzard there! Next to no visibility, our car had accumulated 2 inches or so in an hours time, and it was coooooold! Worth the drive, but the canyon was *so* scary!!!!

I have to drive back through it today and if I remember, I'll snap some pictures of the beautiful (?) October snow. Winter JUST ended in June. We had a short, and relatively cool summer. Weirdness. Thank goodness Josh is the only one that minds the cold.

I'll post again later with some pictures, but for now, I'd love to leave you with the following YouTubeishness.



Raise your hand if you've heard about these atrocities . . . yea, didn't think so :( That obviously has very little to do with you, and far more to do with our media. Witness is an amazing organization . . . I'm so grateful for organizations that are have the drive to show the rest of us what *really* goes on outside of our safe country. It helps me personally to look beyond myself and my worries.

Have a happy Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay...so I know you are not to thrilled with the snow, but I am seriously a little jealous. Girl in Socal would like some of your seasons!! can you make that happen? thanks.

Miller said...

We don't have snow, yet. But I am enjoying the fall weather. I have missed so much. But as soon as it starts to get really cold I will be wish I was back in St.George.