Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Yummy Peanut Butter bars

I found this recipe today and I have extra peanut butter that will be expiring in a month or two so I needed to use it up. You know, the gross store brand kind? Yes, I'm a peanut butter snob . . . and every time I try to buy the inexpensive generic peanut butter, I won't eat it because I don't like it. It ends up getting baked with or fed to the kids *hide*.

The bars turned out well, in my opinion at least lol. Easy and they look nice. I would do more chocolate on top because I love chocolate. But I didn't know what I was doing the first time lol.

Dontcha just love the pictures? Hehe, I was trying to be all recipe magazine-ish. They look better than some I've seen ;) I really just need to buy a white sheet for the purpose of picture taking lol. SO . . . here is the recipe and my pictures. Jacob actually asked if he could pretend to be eating them so I could take a picture. Things like that make me realize how much of a big kid he is becoming!!! And Gabe was SO mad I wouldn't give him the pan!!!


Peanut Butter Bars

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup peanut butter

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
4 tablespoons peanut butter

- In a medium bowl, mix together butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended (I melted the butter and then melted the peanut butter in the microwave a little). Press evenly into the bottom of ungreased 9x13 pan.
- Microwave the chocolate chips and peanut butter 1 1/2 minutes, stirring occasionally until smooth. Spread over peanut butter/graham cracker mixture. Refrigerate at least one hour before cutting.

1 comments:

The Andra Family said...

Those look sooooo yummy, and I wish I could make them, but it would be so unfair to Colin. BTW, was the cupcake supposed to come by now, cuz I haven't seen it.