Well maybe not quite inane, but rambling nonetheless.
So anyone that reads this blog listen to Ben Folds Five? Love them . . . I don't know if you've noticed yet, but I get on music kicks. And most everything I love isn't brand new. Ya know, they just don't make stuff like they used to (yes, my 23 year old self DID just say that ;) ). Especially since Josh has been gone all week, once I put the kids in bed, I'm just on the neenernet doing a whole lot of nothing (you know, etsy surfing and YouTubing). But I've been listening to some of my favorites - and Ben Folds keeps coming up. For any of you who don't know who they are, google Brick, Landed, or Jesusland. All of those are great in my opinion.
I was reading Cs husbands blog today. He has an entry posted about gun control laws/second amendment/etc. And it got me thinking. I grew up in California - quite the gun control state. My whole life I've been very for gun control. As I've gotten older and better versed in reality, I've been able to see both sides. Because, to me, I honestly feel both sides have strong arguments. I get why people want to own a gun; Josh is very pro second amendment and I have been quite inundated with the pro arguments. But I also think back to my college days and poli sci classes . . . and the situation in which the Constitution was written (illegally, I might add . . . all the men who were involved at the Philly convention had liberty to do was suggest amendments to the Continental Congress NOT write a new legal document), and I wonder how much of the Constitution and the immediately proposed Bill of Rights/first 10 amendments was done in the name of the common man. It's amazing to me HOW MUCH both the Constitution and the Bill of Rights were opposed by the early politicals of America. I guess what I'm trying to say in regards to gun control is how much of the amendment was written with the intention of arming wealthy landowners (i.e. Founding Fathers) against the outlaws (i.e. slaves at the time, vagabonds, etc), not every.single.man who walks the face of this country? I don't know, I'm rambling out loud more than anything (and if Josh knew I was rambling about historical politics, he'd be thanking his lucky stars he's not home) . . . but I think as Americans, it's always good to know more than less.
I guess that's my two cents for the day. Anyone want to pay for me to go back to school so I start making SENSE again?!?! Oy, kids really suck your brain out through your nose, ya know?
C is the master spider killer!! I pulled the vacuum out today and with it came a freaking HUGE hobo spider. I freaked out and grabbed a glass to cover it with so C could kill it for me. She's the master of it at her house and I thought for today she could be the master here. Her and S were already planning on coming over to play so I snagged her then. We compared pictures of the spider to pictures of the hobo spider on Wiki . . . YUCK. It went swimming and I hope like heck we don't get anymore!!!!
Anyone have any institute classes to suggest? I've already taken a bunch, but I'm such a happier person when I'm taking institute. So I'm going to take a class or two this fall (in the evening). I'm up for anything super doctrinal if ya know what I mean ;)
I have pictures on my camera that I took today, but I'm in no mood to download. I'll stick some up tomorrow . . . hopefully Josh'll be home and I can take a 10 minute break from Mommy'ing. Thanks for keeping up with our family!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
My inane rambling ;)
Posted by Ghan Family at 3:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment