Last Friday (maybe Thursday lol), Josh insisted we go to Taco Time for dinner (insert barfing smiley here ;) ). Not more than 15 minutes after we had been home, did I notice my wallet was missing. Anyone who knows me knows how anal I am about balancing our checkbook - and obviously that was in my wallet. I immediately went back to Taco Time and scoured the restaurant AND the parking lot to no avail. I filed a police report hoping a nice soul would turn it in to them . . . even if they had stripped it of the $3 in change ;)
Luckily, we have no credit cards, only one debit card and one savings account ATM card. So canceling stuff wasn't too bad. I was a titch worried about my military id, but the military wasn't, so w/e. I *was* seriously freaking out about my temple rec, but our bishop assured us it would be okay. I had a book of checks in there as well, but had notified our bank about everything. Josh was great (!!) at helping me figure everything out.
After hearing nothing and assuming it to really be gone, I went and got a new license (the new picture is darling by the way), bought a new wallet, and withdrew enough cash using Josh's debit card to last until I got my new card (which still hasn't arrived).
Yesterday, a lady came into Josh's store looking for a fireplace or stove. They chatted for a while and as she was leaving, she asked for Josh's business card. Looking it over, she asked him if his wife had recently lost a wallet. Puzzled, he replied in the affirmative. She excitedly told him she had found it in the Taco Time parking lot . . . she tried to contact me, but all the information in my wallet was outdated (however, my parents numbers are in the wallet for emergency purposes and I don't believe she contacted them lol).
Seeing a Walmart discount card in there, she assumed I was a Walmart employee and took the wallet to our local Walmart. Mind you, Taco Time is on 400 North and Walmart is at about 1600 North Main . . . so Walmart locked up my wallet in their cash room and if it wasn't for the lady drawing a connection between Josh's business card and my license, my wallet may have died at Walmart.
How incredibly random and awesome is that story?? I'm grateful to have it back - of course everything is there. Why she didn't just take it back into Taco Time is truly beyond me, but again, I'm just grateful to have it back. My cheapo wallet replacement was already starting to fray *rolling eyes*.
In other news - I believe I lost my coupon holder *cry*. We're talking hundreds of dollars lost. However, it may be at Walmart also. Can we say serious (!!!!!) case of Mommy brain lately?! Anyone considering having 3 kids in 33 months . . . just look at me and think long and hard if you wanna end up as frazzled lol :D
Hope you have a great Friday night - enjoy your weekend!!! Josh and I are planning a date to see the "Dark Knight"!! If I'm able to sleep the next week, it'll be a miracle lol. It'll be the first time we're leaving the kids with a teenager. But I'm excited and I super trust the family, so I'm not too worried. I even snagged some sposies from C so I didn't have to explain cloth to a 12 year old lol. I'll let y'all know how the movie/date/babysitting goes.
PS. As much as Josh thinks my blogging is silly, he told me to not talk about my lost wallet b/c I am pretty liberal with personal information as it is. Like we need to add identity theft to our overflowing plate right now ;) But I'm in the clear!!
Friday, July 18, 2008
A wallet . . . lost and then found!
Posted by Ghan Family at 7:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ahhh, there is still faith in the community of Cache Valley. HEHEHEHE on your liberal personal information. (I think you know what I'm talking about.)
What a relief to have your wallet returned intact...even if it was a bit odd why she didn't just take it into Taco Time...and the Wally World connection baffles me! How funny!
So how do you get a WM discount card anyway if you don't work there? Inquiring minds NEED to know! hahaha!
I can't bring myself to go see The Dark Knight. I just can't. I hope you both had a great time!
coupon holder? what's that look like? discount card at wm? how did you score that?
Post a Comment