Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy belated (!!!) birthday Gabe!

Things finally felt calmed down enough from our past hectic month to do a little party for Gabe (yes, almost an entire month lated *blush*)!! I got him ice cream cake b/c I was so not in the mood to bake a cake *double blush*.

He didn't know what to think about the candle. He tried grabbing the flame a few times . . . but given we've already spent more than a few lifetimes worth of trips to the doctor for burns, I blew it out prettttty quickly. His hand snagged some frosting as he was pulling his hand back from the candle and he didn't like it lol.

Anyways, he picked it up and it was super cold on his hand so he freaked out!! I didn't even think about it before buying it otherwise I would have just bought a normal cake. He ended up far less messy than either Jacob or Emily did on their birthdays, but it was fun to sing to him nevertheless!!




I need to stop cropping my pictures unevenly LOL!

3 comments:

The Andra Family said...

Yeah, I didn't even think about the whole pick it up in your hand and it's freezing cold thing either. Otherwise, a great idea. We've got a little something for him that I'll bring with me, but I think I told you that already. Happy to see you celebrated for him.

Melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! I can't beleive how fast he's grown up! He looks great and I'm so glad you guys made it through all of his burn stuff!

Melissa said...

P.S. I use Photoshop Elements 6
On your outings you should go to Thanksgiving Point. The dinosaur museum is pricey, but the farm is $3.50 and the Children's garden is $4.00 SO worth the money!