Thursday, June 12, 2008

Maybe I *am* glad we're moving?

Yesterday, as I was moving boxes to our new house, I discovered a wet moldy patch in Emily's closet. Thinking it just the high water table and ground water seeping into the downstairs, I cleaned up what I could, called our landlord to let her know, and then just moved on.

Well, this morning I awoke to the downstairs bathroom ceiling sagging!!! It is dripping water and is totally leaky . . . and squishy drywall is gross, btw. Called the landlord again and then called a plumber to repair a supposedly busted pipe. Plumber has already been here once to rebuild a toilet and now gets to fix a pipe. The electrical wiring in this house also needs to be looked at . . . flickering lights, light bulbs blown OFTEN, etc . . . so maybe I should count our blessings we aren't buying this house (or maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better that we are going to be renting YET AGAIN). Either way, I'll just be glad when this move is over . . .

In other news, Josh's dad is getting married in August (I really have to leave this part mostly comment-less). Anyways, he wants to fly us out for his wedding (?) . . . you know, I really can't type anything I *want* to say, so I'll just stop now and move on . . .

A good friend of mine is letting me borrow her Babyhawk mei tai (asian inspired soft structured carrier) and I LOVE IT!!!!! Emily or Gabe have been in it almost constantly these past 2 weeks . . . I think I might have to invest in one someday. It's super comfy and once I got the tying right, works very well. So thanks Kelly!!

I'm still sick (however, I don't know if I've mentioned this in previous posts). My throat is killing me, now my right ear is throbbing, I can barely swallow, and I'm super congested. Maybe allergies? IDK, but I think I need to pick up some Claritin or something b/c I'm seriously dying up here!!! Any suggestions?

And for those of you who are curious about my first week of the Grocery Game . . . well, so far it is a good investment :) I saved 61% while grocery shopping this past Tuesday. I need to get more organized so I don't end up with stuff I don't need just because it's a steal (b/c even if it's an incredible deal, if I don't need it, it's still wasted money). But seriously, for example, I got 8 boxes of cereal (assorted general mills and multigrain cheerios) for $1.25 a box!!!! Rock on! So, I'm definitely going to give this good shot b/c I think it will definitely help in shopping for less and building up a decent sized (and edible) food storage :)

For those of you who are uninterested in the grocery game b/c of the cost ($15 every 8 weeks), there is www.couponmom.com. It is from my understanding very similar. But it is chock full of ads and definitely not as user friendly as www.thegrocerygame.com. I have tried to figure it out, but honestly, I'd rather pay the minimal fees for GG and spend a lot less time trying to figure it out. Anyways, just thought I'd give a heads up.

Here is a pic of the sunset at Camp Guernsey (where Josh is) to break up the monotony of my camera-less posts :D Have a great day everyone!!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Be glad you're moving...what a mess it would be to be stuck in a house you constantly have to fix up!
Tyler's having th esame symptom's you're having and he's on allergy medicine...who knows!
Good luck with the move!