We hit up the stores first thing this morning . . . and I must say, so far, I'm a believer!! For my groceries this week plus stockpiling (just think edible food storage ;) ) I did *really* well!!
Smiths retail was $106.65, but my OOP (out of pocket) was only $42.02 :D
Albertsons retail was $56.39, but my OOP was $21.12 :D
One thing I love about the GG are the lists. More than just matching up coupons, the GG notes what it calls "rock bottom" prices. So let's say Albertsons has toothbrushes on sale 10/$10 . . . that's a great price for an Oral B toothbrush, yes? But it's not the rock bottom price that Albertsons *will* sell their Oral B toothbrush for . . . this is *known* b/c the people that do the lists know the 12 weeks sale calendar. The GG website explains it so much better lol, but so far, it's so worth it!!!
Some noteworthy deals:
A1 for $1/10 oz bottle
Jif PB $1.25/18 oz jar
Yoplait yogurt $1/6pack
I got a few free H&B things as well (Dove, Glade, Advil, toothbrushes)
All I can say is I walked away with steals yesterday . . . the cashier even commented! It's so rewarding to be getting lots of food/home and bath stuff for next to nothing. I feel good to be adding to our food storage and increasing the variety of our family menus. It's awesome!!!
I am going to be buying a DSLR camera at the end of the week (a Nikon D40 to be exact :D!!!!) and will be able to start taking pictures of my grocery trips so you can all *see* it.
And lastly, I have lost 28 pounds since the second week of May!!! Party over here . . . I'm rocking and I'm stoked!!!!! I still have a lot to go, but I feel great . . . that said, it's time to take the kids on a walk ;)
Have a great Monday!
Monday, June 16, 2008
Couponing and The Grocery Game rocks!!
Posted by Ghan Family at 9:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congrats on the big 28. Do you have to go to each of the stores individually or does Wal-Mart ad match? Sounds like something I may have to check out.
The GG sounds like something I need to take a closer look at! That's alot of money you are saving there...and with prices skyrocketing, every bit helps! We also store food, so hopefully this will help us out. :)
Congrats on your 28 lbs! Way to go. I am right there with you but have only lost 16...with another 30 to go ideally. Keep up the good work! :)
Post a Comment