Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I made a friend *yay for me*!!

Big deal b/c I just don't seem to fit in very well in Northern Utah. I'm not a uber cruncher (you know, dreaded hair (Josh has firmly put his foot down there lol), extreme AP, all organic eating, etc) but I'm so not mainstream either (do everything the doctors say, disposable lifestyle, etc). This poses a problem . . . especially in wards I've been in.

BUT, I met a girl in our ward and she's AWESOME!!! Totally chill - we love the same kind of music and dress similarly . . . but for some reason, I've just been shy to really talk to her (I know, me, shy?! It happens lol). She sat next to me in RS Sunday and we totally chatted. And now instead of going to DMB in August w/ Josh (who realllllly didn't want to go), C and I are going together!! Woo hoo! This will be my friend girlfriend since living in St George (as in my first friend to hang out with). It often seems like there are little cliques in the wards I've been in. No one is mean/rude, but not uber inviting or anything. I'm just excited to have a friend close by. YAY! AND I get to see Dave in August - he really does put on the best shows *wub*

She introduced me to a new band as well . . . Bright Eyes. They are awesomely decent. If you get a chance, YouTube them ;)

Josh starts his looooong 16 hour drive home tomorrow from Wyoming. He thinks he'll be home around 9ish and then hast to go back Thursday, Friday, and Saturday during the day. I'm excited for the kids to see him (and me lol) - I can always tell when they miss Josh a lot.

I blew up my birthing pool for the kids today. They had a BLAST splashing around!! Gabe wanted to play, but the water was cold (and his burns are very sensitive to extreme temperatures) and he didn't get in. I cannot WAIT until I have a camera again - OY!!!

Hope everyone had a Happy Tuesday :)

3 comments:

The Andra Family said...

Help me out with the "uber" verbage. I didn't know logan was big on crunchiness.?

Ghan Family said...

uber=super :D And yes, there are lots of crunchies here in Logan. But lots of them are crazy crunchies LOL.

The Andra Family said...

I figured so by the way you were using it in the sentence, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the clarification.