When you try to do nice stuff for your kids only for them to crap on you lol?
I tried to be fun and do fun stuff w/ the kids today . . . silly me!!! I packed a lot this morning and was planning on getting someone from the ward to help take a truckload over to our new house . . . but everyone was busy. No worries, I just kept packing.
I found out today was Summerfest - a summer festival on the grounds of the Logan Tabernacle. So I decided that would be my walk for the day - put Gabe in the mei tai and push Emily and Jacob in the double stroller the 1 1/2 miles *uphill* to downtown. We left the house at 2:30 this afternoon and it was definitely hot. But it was okay - I got a great workout :)
As soon as we got to Summerfest however, the kids started whining and crying and complaining. There was a huge kids art area I tried to take them to - but as soon as we walked away from paining (other kids wanted a turn lol), both Emily and Jacob pitched a fit. Jacob is in a phase (I pray it's a phase!!) where he SCREAMS if he doesn't get his way. Like ear piercing scream. On top of being embarrassing, it's obnoxious and unacceptable. Needless to say, I heard several screams while at Summerfest. It was just one of those trips where Mom couldn't do enough fast enough - super stressful. Here is a cute picture of Emily and Jacob on a metal dinosaur (yes, taken w/ my camera phone so the pic sucks - but I think I'm going to get a nice camera on Friday).
Then, on the walk home, they complained about everything else - their shoes hurt, they wanted to walk, they were sad, they were hungry/thirsty/tired/etc . . . We get home and I'm exhausted and hot. I didn't want to cook, so I thought we could go grab some food. I wanted Cafe Rio (which is right next to Taco Bell) but the kids didn't and wanted TB. So we went there :( Waited 30 minutes for our food while Gabe shrieked for a water cup w/ a straw but was dissatisfied when he finally got it every.single.time. Food was gross (big surprise LOL) and the kids whined and cried until we got home.
Tried to run the bath and the screw the holds the knob on totally broke off *rolls eyes*. Lovely. So, I put them to bed dirty and I don't care. They're fighting in the room they are sharing until we move (b/c of the mold - don't even get me started). I'm tired and stressed and want to cry.
If you made it through the whole post . . . thanks for reading and (I'm assuming) sympathizing. I need Josh back . . . or Jacob w/ him ;)
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Ever have one of those days . . .
Posted by Ghan Family at 8:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I love you! I hope you have a better day...every day! Keep a smile on - you're a really good mom and I look up to you! Three kids - not an easy task. Buy something on e-bay for yourself... you deserve it. :)
If you have time to pack up and move while taking care of your kiddos and even take them to a festival, not to mention blogging about it...you have my intense admiration!
http://mamaslittlemonkeys.blogspot.com/
Yes, yes, yes! I have one of those days. One too many of those days. I can only imagine how wonderful yours went. Hang in there and keep the outings up.
Man I hate those days! But it sure does help you appreciate the good days a lot more! You definately deserve a trip to Cafe Rio to get what you want :)
Post a Comment