In attempt to reduce costs around here, I signed up for the Grocery Game today (their $1 trial for 4 weeks). My friend Whitney did a similar program a year ago (I don't know if she still does it) and she said it works great. She told me of all kinds of items she ended up getting free or for next to nothing by using ads and weekly coupons. The Grocery Game does the hard work - matching up coupons to local stores weekly ads. The thought process is stockpiling (food storage anyone?) all kinds of things so that your list of weekly *needs* reduces. On average, it saves people around 50% of their grocery bill. I'm going to give it a shot for 4 weeks - if it works, I'll suck it up and pay the $15 every 8 weeks (I think) if it's saving us that much. Wish me luck!! I will attempt to post about my weekly savings so you can all see if it's worth joining yourselves!
I found out this morning that my best friend is coming up to visit in July *celebrate* I'm stoked!!!! Can't wait to see Cole and little Cole :D I really feel so blessed I have such a great friend!
Josh leaves tomorrow for AT and I'm getting more and more nervous by the hour. Last year he had a leave b/c Gabe was being born, but this year we don't have that kind of luck. 3 kids under 4, 1 mom, a move, a birthday, and Father's Day w/o our Dad . . . oy. I'll be kissing Josh's feet when he gets home lol!!
Take care everyone!
Thursday, June 5, 2008
The Grocery Game
Posted by Ghan Family at 4:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Don't laugh...what's AT? All the same...I'm sorry that you're going to be alone again!
I've never heard of that grocery thing before. I'd be interested to know how it turns out.
Post a Comment