Sunday, November 4, 2007

Have I told you I HATE drill weeknds?!

So this weekend is drill weekend - and the unit Josh is in is RETARDED in terms of drill dates. The unit seems to go 6 weeks w/o drill, then have drill and then 2 weeks later have another one. When Josh is at drill, the kids don't see dad - and when they do, he's grumpy b/c he had to wake up at 5 a.m. to get ready for drill that day.

UGH!

And then church w/ my 3 children all by myself is horrific. I DREAD Sunday's when Josh is gone (I've actually started dreading Sunday's since being put in nursery, but that's a WHOLE different story). We go to church at 1 and I'm totally stalling getting the kids ready - thank goodness I have myself ready already.

Half of me is ready for us to be done w/ the NG, but the other part of me appreciates the great life insurance, extra pay, and real true job security that we have from being part of the armed forces. Josh has 4 years left on his contract (plus 2 years inactive reserves that he'll just elongate to be active otherwise that's a guarantee for deployment) and we debate whether to stay in for the 20 years for retirement, or if we get out . . . I hate decisions like this. Especially when it seems like the Lord is leaving it totally up to you - you guys know what I mean.

Hope everyone else's Sunday has been pleasant!!!

0 comments: