Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Josh!!!

Josh turned 33 this morning! And on his day, I always get reminded he shares a birthday w/ Mel Gibson and J.R.R. Tolkein (LOTR guy) . . .

It's crazy how when you get older, birthdays just don't mean as much. I was told not to bother w/ a cake, but just make him garlic chicken (his birthday present to the world is his garlic stank for the next 3 days LoL). Easy for me - and I'm grateful for that b/c my kids have been monsters lately!!!

That reminds me - anyone want a really super duper whiney, grouchy, temper tantrum throwing 3 year old? He's cute . . .

Really though, Jacob is going to be the death of me . . . Josh is scared to have more kids for fear we'll have 20 Jacobs terrorizing us! He reminds me of my sister Amira - or at least what I remember of her tantrums. She was MASTER!!! I'm sure I was a brat too - but I think that started later . . . I think I was a good kid :D

So it's absolutely freezing here in Logan - -3 on the way to work this morning Josh said. O my heck - that's just COOOOOOLD!! I miss St George - anyone think fireplaces would sell there lol?! For Eid, my mom sent Josh and I warm fleece pajama pants. Josh and I live in them when we're home because no matter how high we set our heater, it's just cold. Any of you who have lived in cold weather know what I mean. (Hmmmm, that sounds like I don't shower and get dressed . . . I do, everyday, it just usually happens at nap time . . . if I don't wait, you should see what havoc my kids can wreak in those 7 minutes *eek*!!!)

Any ways, hope everyone's new year started off great!! I'll edit this post later and add some pictures of my kids (which is why I'm sure y'all even read this blog lol).

4 comments:

The Andra Family said...

Happy Birthday Josh! I too am married to an old man. Eric is 33 as well! How was that garlic chicken? A recipe worth trying?.....

The Jones Fam said...

How fun that you and your husbands birthdays are so close together! Happy belated brithday to both of you! Thanks for the advice regarding Jaylee, hopefully she'll return to her normal self soon.

Kristen said...

Shah'ada I found your blog on Brien & Whitneys... your kids are so cute! I am glad to see you are doing well!

Check out ours!
wadekristen.blogspot.com

McKay Missy and Boys said...

Happy Birthday to you and Josh a little late! How fun is that to celebrate your birthday on New Year's Day.
That's cute that you and Josh met at Wal Mart to the music of the Nightmare Before Christmas. (This is the right title right? I've never seen the show.) What a fun story to tell your kids.