Saturday, March 1, 2008

Staple and stitches removal

Gabe had all of his staples and stitches removed yesterday morning . . . I was informed however that as he heals, it wouldn't be odd to find staples. I would find that odd however lol. They sedated him with Ketamine, which the doctor informed me was the brother to the street drug PCP . . . and how likely it was he was hallucinating. Poor Gabe! He was such a trooper!!

After the staple removal, he was measured for his special pants . . . they feel like thick meshy nylon. He's getting a green pair with a car applique'ed on them. Medical companies do try ;) He'll have to wear those for 6 months to a year all day every day. Who knew the road to recovery after a burn would be so long? I plan on writing a post about burn prevention because I know so many of you that read this blog have young children. I would never want you to go through anything even close to this debacle we are!!

Josh's first sergeant came by this morning bearing gifts from Josh's Preston unit. How kind is that? We are so blessed to have the friends we have.

Here a few pictures from this morning . . . yes he's wearing a disposable because the new dressing from yesterday would ruin his cloth *blush*.


He's in his Pack and Play quarantined from his hyperactive brother and sister . . . his grafts can't be bumped and this was the only thing I could think of where he could hang out with us and not upstairs in his bed alone :( Emily hangs out on it though. She's so mothering!!

5 comments:

The Andra Family said...

What a good baby! And a real cutie too! The pack-n-play was a great idea. Love all the built in shelving space in the last picture.

Tillie'sMom said...

What a tropper!!

Melissa said...

What a cute boy! I've been thinking about having you 'teach' people about burn prevention that I could share with some of my mom friends! It's true...we don't realize how serious it really is! We're praying for you!

The Jones Fam said...

Nicole told me about this and I am so sorry! This would be so, so, scary! I'm glad that he's on the road to recovery though. I will definately try to be more conscience about bath water temp. It's scary because this really could have happened to anyone!

Anonymous said...

What a little trouper! Please let us know if there is anything you need ♥