Hey everyone :) Sorry I'm not better at keeping this blog updated . . . as I'm sure you can imagine, things are busy at home!!
We went to another outpatient appointment on Monday. Nothing too new and exciting really . . . the nurse practitioner and physical therapist seemed to insinuate he is healing slower than expected, but didn't give me any straight answers. He's still definitely in a considerable amount of pain and that sucks big time. I had hoped by this point we wouldn't be giving him narcotics, but we still are several times a day. I can't even imagine what it would feel like to have as much open skin areas as he does.
He's starting to perk up some though . . . Emily can get him to smile and laugh all the time. She really is such a sweet mothering spirit. I feel so blessed she came to our family!! And Jacob is seriously one of the most helpingest boys ever!! We're staying home all day every day because leaving the house really is a hassle right now!!
Josh saw Gabe's graft and donor site for the first time (in person) today and I think he was quite surprised it looked like it did (as in pretty gross looking lol). Dressing changes still suck in a BIG FAT way because everything is exposed to air. Once Gabe's leggings come in, dressing changes are a thing of the past. I just can't believe it's such a long road to recovery . . .
Here are a few pictures of Jacob and Emily :D The two of them are so dang goofy!!!
Hmmmm, that montage doesn't look as good as Kristen's, but you all get the idea :D
If any of you are intersted to find out the temperature of your hot water do the following:
Run hot water from a faucet/tub/wherever your water gets super hot. Fill up a bowl/measuring cup/whatever and then use a baking thermometer to see how hot it is. If it is too hot, turn down your water heater, wait for an entire day, and then test again. Don't forget, anything over 120 degrees shortens the time it takes your little ones to get burned DRASTICALLY. Hope that helps some of you :D
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Just an update
Posted by Ghan Family at 6:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I showed Wade the pics and he couldn't believe how bad they were...I have been trying to figure out how I could test my water to see how hot it is. I know it is really hot so THanks!
Hang in there it sounds like you are doing everything you can!
Goodness! I feel so bad for you and your little guy ~ I hope he starts healing really fast. Just reading about what you guys have gone through amazes me.
Keep up the good work!
(I have been a blog "lurker" up to this point ~ I do enjoy reading it)
Lindsy from DS
Cute pics of the kids. Hope things are a little more calm since our last phone conversation. (Does toilet problems ring a bell?) You'll have to finish telling me your story. Love ya!
It must be so hard to be home bound. You're lucky to have such great kids that are such a big help to you! I hope Gabe continues to heal well :)
I saw your blog on the LLL forums. Sorry about all your poor little guy has gone through! YOu all sound so strong! Just wanted to say thanks for in info about the water heaters. I passed it on to all my friends with babies and my dh is going to check ours tonight. WE also have a 9 month old!
Post a Comment