Sunday, December 16, 2007

My little girl is TWO!!!

Emily turned two yesterday . . . I can't believe it! She's gotten so grown up lately too - her vocabulary is getting so large, she's expressing herself better, and she's becoming quite the little mommy!!! She loves to nurse her babies, carry them swaddled in a receiving blanket, put them in diapers, and all other mommy type things.

It's just crazy to think she was my little teeny tiny 3 1/2 week early little girl 2 years ago! I remember waking Josh up telling him it was time to push and then watching Josh hold her for the first time. He cried - it was so sweet. I remember holding her and feeling so grateful everything was fine w/ that early of an induction. And I remember the first time Jacob saw and held her. They are the best of friends and it is the most precious thing to see them play together.

We just did cake last night as we have no one to celebrate with (I have a very rough time with this - but that's another thing altogether - I just wish my kids had family . . . ). She enjoyed herself and actually SUCCESSFULLY blew out her candles! I was quite impressed!! She is such a beautiful little girl and the camera never seems to capture her innocence and true happiness. I love her so much and can't even put that into words.

Hope you enjoy the pictures - we miss you all and wish you could have been here to celebrate with us!





1 comments:

The Andra Family said...

I really have been checking your blog, just never able to leave a comment due to time or I was nursing Cole and couldn't type well. I feel so bad I missed Emers' birthday. I even had remembered just weeks before! That was a nice blog you wrote about her. I also got a kick out of her pics on the stairway. I think it was my brother Matt that my mom said once climbed in the bath tub (empty) and went to sleep. Ahhh, the freeness (I didn't think that was a word, but I guess it is, because it didn't give me a red underline) of being a child. Miss you! Happy Birthday Emily.