Thursday, December 13, 2007

Anniversaries, first foods and SLACKING!

O yea, I've been a slacker about blogging - I enjoy sharing pictures and stories of our family w/ whomever reads this blog. Kinda fun!!

Well, yesterday was Josh and my 4th wedding anniversary! Can't believe it's been 4 years . . . but at the same time can't believe it's only been 4 years!! Know what I mean? Josh is great - after I crawled back in bed from nursing Gabe at 5:30 am, he cuddled me and said "Happy Anniversary" in his sleep. I married a good one . . . glad I can say that after all we've been through!!

Yesterday however was FAR from a great day . . . Emily decided she would throw up and have diarrhea all day (mostly throwing up). It was SO not fun! Poor little girl :( She seems to be fine today . . . but after taking 5 (yes 5) showers w/ her yesterday to clean the two of us off, and STILL stinking like puke, I was just not in the lovey anniversary "mood". Josh rented Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for us - it was SO much better after having read all the books. I really enjoyed it! We ordered pizza in after the kids went to bed and had a date night in.

In other news, Gabe had his first bites of solid food on Tuesday night and I've included a few pictures. I just mashed up some avocado for him . . . he wasn't too interested and I honestly don't think he's quite ready. He did grab the spoon while Josh was bringing it toward his mouth, and then gagged himself a few times as he just shoved it in. He at least has the idea! While he gets excited when he sees our food, I think he's still a boob baby *grin* We made it to 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding and I am VERY proud of that.



Last pic is because Jacob just LOVES seeing pics of himself online.

Hope everyone is getting ready for the holidays and enjoying their time!! We haven't had any more snow up here more than just falling and melting as it hits the ground. FINE WITH ME!! Miss you all!

1 comments:

The Andra Family said...

It was nice catching up with you today. You didn't mention anything about Emily. It is so hard having sick kids, especially puking sick kids. Gabe is beautiful, and it sounds like you and Joshua had a nice tell. Happy day late Anniversary! I should remember because it's Missy's B-day too.