Gabe is out of surgery and sleeping soundly at the moment. He spend 3 1/2 hours in the OR (50 minutes of that is because they couldn't get an IV in him . . . finally was able to get one in his scalp). They grafted 432 square centimeters of skin from his thighs, bum, and hips and then stapled and sewed it over his burn site.
The pain he's in now (and trust me, he's in pain) is from the donor site . . . apparently it feels like a burning sensation. My poor baby :( They have him on some IV pain medication and he has a feeding tube giving him pumped breast milk :)
We are expected to be in the hospital for a good week while the doctors evaluate his healing. I really cannot wait for a month from now to come . . . we should be halfway back to normal by then!! Again, feel free to contact me by cell phone or at the hospital (we're in room 3) . . . I'm lonely! If I don't pick up however, it's because the nurses/doctors are in the room and I'm just getting information from them.
Thank you for all your well wishes - we are on the long road to recovery!
Friday, February 22, 2008
The Aftermath
Posted by Ghan Family at 7:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Shah'ada!!!!!!!!!! You sound so positive. I hope you're doing well and taking care of yourself! I wish I'd known sooner that your at the UofU hospital! I'm about 15 minutes away! PLEASE call me if you need anything. Tyler has bronchitis and Dylan has a cold, so I won't be up to see you until Tuesday! But, seriously, call if you need ANYTHING...dinner, a magazine, a book, some chocolate!!!! We're praying for you and Gabe! 801-647-3519
awww hugs to you and your family!!
Post a Comment