Lots to update y'all on and many pictures :D
We're moving. Yuck. Only about 15 houses away, but still yuck. I.hate.moving.with.a.passion! Long story short, people we're renting from conveniently decided they didn't want to sell the house anymore. Since we were counting on our lovely (and overpriced) rent to be our down payment, we are now needing to rent (again). But we're going to rent a basement apartment that is still in the ward - what a relief. Nevertheless, we have quite the adventure up ahead!
I'm in the middle of reading 2 wonderful books - and both are so wonderful that I can't choose just one or the other. First is Ahab's Wife (you know, Moby Dick captain? Well, Sena Naslund has taken 2 paragraphs from Moby Dick and made a whole story . . . quite fascinating really). The second is Fall on your Knees . . . multi-generational tale of an incredibly compelling family. I wish I had more time to read than I did . . . Emily and Jacob wreak havoc in the 5 minutes I nurse Gabe, I can only IMAGINE what they'd do if I sat on the sofa and read!
We've definitely been enjoying more time outside the past 2 weeks. It's been warming up with little episodes of snow/rain/slush in between. We're grateful it's spring for 2 weeks before 100 degree weather hits. The kids have been in HEAVEN being outside . . . Emily lives to get dirty. Send her outside of a minute, and I can guarantee she will have skinned knees and a hole in her dress. She is seriously the most beautiful little girl in my life. She has the sweetest spirit - I wish so many of you had the opportunity to get an Emily hug and kiss. Honestly, I can just feel her love from them.
Jacob? No way. He has to rinse off his feet every time they get sandy. He is so totally my son lol. I can't believe he's halfway to 4 . . . he's teaching me every day I need to treat him more like the big boy he is and not the toddler I sometimes still see him as!!
Gabe also enjoys being outside . . . he laughs every time the wind gusts - today it actually blew him over (it was also REALLY windy, but still). Gabe's legs are doing well - we're still doing therapy and he still hates me like you wouldn't believe every time I do it. We go back to U of U in a week - hope they think all is well also. He has started getting so excited every time he knows he's going to nurse. It's seriously awesome. I'm so grateful I've committed to CLW (child led weaning) with him . . . it's really quite the exciting adventure!!!
Josh is gone all weekend for a Combat Lifesaver Class up in Pocatello. Weekends when he's gone are loooooong. Thankfully the kids are being angels for me! I'm going to surprise him with homemade Cafe Rio burritos when he gets home . . . I've even going to do beans from scratch!!! Some of you would be incredibly surprised with some of my Suzie Homemaking skills I've obtained (I'm proud of myself!! lol)
I hope everyone is enjoying Spring!! Love and miss you all *hugs and kisses from all of us*

3 comments:
It's good to see you doing well. That sucks that you have to move, I'm not looking forward to doing that again. The kids look so cute!! It's good to hear that Gabe is doing well. Keep posting, It makes me feel like I still know you. I will let you know when we are coming up to Salt Lake so we can get together.
First of all, your blog TOTALLY screams Shah'ada to me.(I almost expected cherries to be on it) I love the warm weather and letting kids play outside too. We have been praying for little Gabe. I hope everything continues to go well. I can't wait to see you again and get a hug and kiss from Emily! (how sweet!) I bet you are such a fabulous mom! Do you have the link to our blog?
YOu're kids are getting so big! They are so cute and look so happy. I'm so glad that Gabe is healing well. YOu are a great mom! Good luck with the move...I hate moving!
Post a Comment